Now, we have Google’s ruling of the most searched beauty brands of 2017.
The search engine has released their annual ‘Google Year in Search Data’ report, with some unexpected results.Kardashian beauty brands KKW Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics may have more Instagram followers than Kanye West has had public outbursts, but both brands were absent from the top ten. The most searched brand of the year was taken out by American beauty chain Ulta Beauty and Amal Clooney's favourite brand Charlotte Tilbury came in at number four.
Kim Kardashian West at an Ulta Beauty event. Image: GettySee all the brands that left a glossy fingerprint on 2017.
1. Ulta BeautyA chain of beauty stores in the United States, headquartered in Bolingbrook, Illinois that carries cosmetics and skincare brands, men's and women's fragrances, and haircare products.
2. BH CosmeticsA beauty brand founded in Los Angeles that is known for their diverse and colour inclusive beauty products.
3. LipSenseA beauty brand focused entirely on lip products. Their products claim to be is water-proof, kiss-proof, smudge-proof, and can be layered to produce your own custom look.
A budget-friendly American beauty brand known for its affordable product range.
8. Fenty BeautyFashion’s favourite pop star Rihanna put her Midas touch on the beauty industry this year with Fenty Beauty. A mid-priced makeup brand stocked at Sephora that has a strong focus on diversity and inclusivity.
Rihanna launched Fenty Beauty in September. Image: Getty
9. Huda BeautyFrom financier to beauty mogul, founder Huda Kattan started Huda Beauty to empower women worldwide to feel confident and beautiful through her line of makeup and premium faux lashes.