How do you know when you are Stressed?
* Sleep disturbances
* Intestinal pain
* Lack of concentration
* Rapid pulse
* Shallow Breathing
* Feeling that you are no longer in control
* Decrease in sex hormones
* Sore jaw
* Compromised immune system (colds, flu)
* Hardening of the arteries
* Lack of appetite
* Feeling dozy or yawning
* High uric acid levels causing gout
* High blood pressure
* Spacing out = forgetting things
Benefits of Humour in Your Life
* Coping strategy
* Reduced tension, anxiety and stress – lower stress hormones
* Increased creativity, learning, motivation and energy
* Increased immunity – releases immunoglobulin A
* Reduces blood pressure, heart and respiration rate
* Reduces pain by releasing endorphins
* Improved creative problem solving
* Increased productivity
* Improved relationships, camaraderie
You CAN return to balance everyday. Your reaction is your choice!
* Will this matter in two years?
* How else might I look at this? Is there another less stressful way I could do this?
* What is the situation teaching me? What can I learn from this?
* What would a calm person do?
* Can I actually change this situation? If not, how can I make peace with this?
* What old fear is being expressed?
* Is this a good time for a strategic pause?
* Is this something that I can avoid in the future? How?
* Am I being a perfectionist here? Is “good enough” good enough?
* What is the worst that can happen here?
* What unexpected good could come out of this?
* Is this reaction based in reality or is it my fear talking here?